RE: line-move-visual

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: line-move-visual
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 10:20:11 -0700

> >> I have wondered whether 'customize' is capable of
> >> letting a user collect an arbitrary set of variables for
> >> the attention of other users. (Seems that the groups a
> >> variable belongs to are hard coded, though).
> >
> > Something like an `add-group' function that would let you
> > easily add a Customize group to a given option or face?
> > Yes, that could be useful.
>
>     (custom-add-to-group 'my-group 'my-variable 'custom-variable))

Well, whaddya know?! Forgot about it, I guess.

So all that's missing in this regard is an easy, non-Lisp way for users to do
the same thing - e.g. a button in Customize.

And then perhaps a good way for users to share their groups (a la skins). Maybe
just create an EmacsWiki page (e.g. GroupsAsSkins) where people can upload their
groups to share.

But that would mean also having Customize produce a `custom-add-to-group' entry
when you add a group to an option, so you could then extract that code from your
custom-file to share.