Re: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 00:43:07 +0200

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:38 AM, Drew Adams<address@hidden> wrote:
>> What I wanted to say is that "dedicated window" does not help that
>> much for this problem. However a "protected window" help (if you want
>> to keep it open on the same frame).
>
> Doesn't it do the job if it is alone in the frame? If so, then we have at
> least
> two alternative solutions to the problem you raise: (1) protect the window,
> preventing its deletion or (2) put the window in its own frame.
>
> I would choose #2, personally, since I want to be able to delete the frame
> (dunno if that is proscribed by your window protection). And #2 is already
> available, and requires no special setup - just do it. (I really don't see the
> problem, I guess.)

Your are right, this is not the problem, it is just a side-track
created by my unexplained answer to Chong's suggestion. I am not sure
what Chong actually meant and I am not sure it is important here, but
maybe he will explain.

So let us go back to a more relevant point in discussion and continue
from there. I think I did some rather useful and simple suggestions.
Could we please continue from that message instead?