RE: dired-details[+].el

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: dired-details[+].el
Date: Sun, 19 Jul 2009 07:34:15 -0700

> I discovered dired-details and dired-details+ and found them useful.
> Could they be added to emacs?
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/DiredDetails

They were supposed to be added. Rob Giardina submitted an Emacs 23 patch two
years ago that integrates the functionality of both in a better way even than
the separate libraries dired-details[+].el.

I don't think any reason was ever given for why the patch wasn't incorporated
(committed). RMS asked for comment on the merged code, but no one ever answered
his request (on emacs-devel, at least). The last time I ping'ed the list about
this was 2008-07 - I never got an answer either.

Last ping:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2008-07/msg01152.html

Rob's change log and RMS's call for comment:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-07/msg01187.html

Original thread:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2007-07/msg00226.html