Re: One example of code I can't understand

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: One example of code I can't understand
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:01:48 -0400

    Why do we need to cater to unibyte operation in Emacs 23?

1. Unibyte buffers may be needed for certain internal operations.  I
am not sure -- we need to ask Handa.

2. As for editing of unibyte buffers by users, maybe nobody will mind
if we get rid of that now.  But we should not eliminate it without
first polling the users, to see who uses it and whether it is important.