Re: Patch: Blunderbuss ".dir-locals.el" raises everything in its path!!

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: Patch: Blunderbuss ".dir-locals.el" raises everything in its path!!
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 23:20:26 +0200

Alan Mackenzie skrev:
Hi, Jan!

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 11:40:22AM +0200, Jan Djärv wrote:

Alan Mackenzie skrev:

Here's a better patch, incorporating Yidong's amendments to the
manipulations of `file-local-variables-alist'.  Please try this out!

It works fine.  Setting c-cleanup-list in a hook or by customize does
the same thing now.

Good!  I committed it to the Emacs-23.1 branch, but Yidong asked me to
take it out again, quite justifiably.  We are too close to the release.
So 23.1 will be going out without that patch.  :-(

Since dir-locals.el is quite new, few if any will get bitten by this I think.

However, I think you'd agree that it's not really a critical bug, no
matter how annoying it is.  The fix is in the trunk for Emacs 23.2.

That is good.  Nice work by all who sorted this out.

        Jan D.