RE: Infrastructural complexity.

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Infrastructural complexity.
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 08:21:08 -0700

>  >> What are your experiences with window manager interventions
>  >> when using such layed-out frames?
>  >
>  > Sorry, dunno what you mean. I use MS Windows - dunno about
>  > other window mgrs. What kind of interventions did you have in mind?
>
> I meant how window manager interventions like displaying/deleting the
> windows of other applications can affect the layout of your Emacs
> frames.  I suppose they don't.  So at least on Windows the
> problem of a window manager interfering with the layout of individual
> Emacs frames doesn't seem to exist ;-)

No, at least I've never noticed such problems.

The only thing I see sometimes, with Emacs 23, is that an Emacs frame will, out
of the blue (i.e. when using some other app), suddenly be raised to the front
occasionally. Dunno what causes that, or whether it has anything to do with the
window mgr. It could be some Emacs 23 problem in connection with some of my code
somehow - no idea.

In any case, I've never seen the Emacs frame layout get changed, other than
changes I make to it explicitly, myself. What kind of window mgr does something
horrible like that? ;-)