Re: set font size with ctrl-mouse wheel?

From: Leo
Subject: Re: set font size with ctrl-mouse wheel?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 19:00:54 +0100

On 2009-07-30 15:42 +0100, Drew Adams wrote:
>> > It'd be great if emacs could do this.
>>
>> I believe this is not the case. Using mouse wheel to change
>> font size is almost useless, especially for emacs.
>
> Why is it "almost useless"? I use it all the time. Very handy.
>
> Yes, C-wheel might not be "standard", but it is pretty common - for MS
> Windows users, at least (and that's a lot of users). It works in many
> apps on Windows, from browsers to mail clients to, yes, editors.

C-=, C-+ and C-0 are more standard way of changing font size and Emacs
has provided similar key bindings for them. In my view, this is
sufficient.

> It's simple to use, and it doesn't really conflict with any existing
> Emacs key bindings, AFAIK. Yes, mwheel-scroll uses C-wheel, but it
> also uses just plain wheel - no real need for it to also claim
> C-wheel, AFAICT.

> You might not care to use C-wheel to zoom, in Emacs or elsewhere, but
> what reason do you have to say that it "is almost useless, especially
> for emacs"?

Like I said, Emacs already has something for it. There is little use to
put in some extra non-standard, uncommon and clumsy feature.

--
Leo's Emacs uptime: 50 days, 1 hour, 32 minutes, 13 seconds