Re: imagemagick patch v3

From: joakim
Subject: Re: imagemagick patch v3
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 10:10:23 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>> - :width and :height, if you specify them image will be scaled to these
>>> sizes
>
> It would be good to make it possible to specify zoom factors as well
> rather than resulting size (maybe if those parameters are floats rather
> than ints?).

This is already supported by the :geometry option which is quite
powerful. You can do things like "50%" or "200x100" or "x100" etc.

I tried to use existing keywords were available, but :geometry and :crop
are very imagemagick specific.

Anyway, I think rotation, scaling, and croping is sufficient. There are
hundreds of operations in the imagemagick api, and I dont plan on adding
more for now. I have toyed with the idea of providing a keyword like
:operations, that would contain a list of image operations to be
performed, but that will have to wait.

>> +    (push
>> +     (cons  (concat "\\." extension "$") 'image-mode)
>> +     auto-mode-alist)
>
> The "$" should be replaced with "\\'".

Ok, but I dont get why?

--