Re: Add file-locals and dir-locals

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Add file-locals and dir-locals
Date: Sun, 09 Aug 2009 00:45:55 +0300

>> Yes, there are more infrequently used file-related commands like e.g.
>> `read-file-modes' etc. That's why I proposed a general name
>> "files-x.el" to open it for wider file-related additions.
>
> There are not many file names with '-x'.

As I already explained, with a general name files-x.el is intended to
contain more file-related functions that don't fit into the dumped image.

I hesitate to create a special file only for the functionality of
adding local variables.

> Why not use a proper file name?

files-x.el is a quite proper name even for adding file local variables:
a mnemonics for files-x.el could be "files extended".  That's what new
commands do: they extend files with file local variables :)

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/