Re: Darkening font-lock colors

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Darkening font-lock colors
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 12:28:05 +0900

Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> writes:
>   > I propose to use Magenta3 for font-lock-builtin, PaleVioletRed3 for
>   > font-lock-string and return font-lock-variable back to DarkGoldenrod.
>   >
>   > These colors are:
>   >
>   > 1. Readable;
>   > 2. Clearly distinguishable from other colors;
>   > 3. Close to original colors.
>   >
>   > This is a comparison chart of 3 color schemes: Emacs22, current colors
>   > in CVS, and proposed new colors:
>
> Thanks for doing this, if you are looking for opinions: your way is
> better that both the current CVS and emacs22.

I disagree.  Juri's proposed colors look way too faded out -- i.e., hard
to read (emacs22 colors suffered from the same problem), and are more
irritating to boot (magenta should not be used for text!).

The current CVS colors are better.

-Miles

--
Inhumanity, n. One of the signal and characteristic qualities of humanity.