Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 17:18:12 +0200

>> We would have to save multiple before-frame-size-change window
>> configurations
>

> Why multiple?

Would you store only the last one?  It might be jsut that of a final
adjustment of the frame by one line because the user wanted it that way.

>> compare them in a non-trivial way at every subsequent
>> frame-resizing
>

> Is not that exactly what we are doing when we are resizing? You just
> put back the original structure and try resizing again.

The window structure might have changed since the last frame-resizing.
Would you reinstall the old windows in that case?  Then you can use
`set-window-configuration'.  Note that I was talking about shrinking a
frame and reenlarging it at a later moment here.

martin