Re: eval-after-load not harmful after all

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: eval-after-load not harmful after all
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 02:34:02 +0200

On Sun, Aug 16, 2009 at 11:43 PM, Leo<address@hidden> wrote:

> Emacs -Q already has a non-nil after-load-alist value. I think this is a
> really bad example.

I think at least for CUA-mode and semantic-mode they instead good
examples on that eval-after-load can be useful even within Emacs. If I
understand it right these checks if an old version of the modes have
been loaded before the one that is now bundled with Emacs. Can you see
a better way to do this? I can't.

> Is there any way to cleanly unload an eval-after-load form? For example,
> if a package eval-after-load something that interferes with a user's
> personal setting, what to do?

Can't you just delete the entry in after-load-alist? Or do you want to
do it afterwards? I can see no way to do that in the general case.