Re: moving window handling into lisp

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: moving window handling into lisp
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:05:42 +0200

martin rudalics <address@hidden> writes:

> Not really.  Any window-manager has to deal with the possibility that a
> window gets to small when its parent-window shrinks.  All we can do is
> make such cases occur rarely, in practice.

Well, one could just stop shrinking the window.

To wit: in single-window frames, the contents get scrolled left/right as
needed to have the cursor on-frame.  In multiple-window frames, one
could equally well scroll the whole window configuration.  Sure, C-x o
might cause window borders to jump around...

It might at least keep windows accessible in a somewhat
predictable/intuitive manner.

--
David Kastrup