Re: interactive-p and called-interactively-p

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: interactive-p and called-interactively-p
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 18:21:45 -0400

      `interactive-p' has the advantage that it existed for a *very*
    long time, whereas called-interactively-p is a new comer.

It has existed only 5 years, but I think the important point is that
its name fits its meaning.  The name interactive-p does not correspond
to its meaning, and users very often guess wrong about what it does.

    > Perhaps we should make the name `interactive-p' obsolete and make
    > a new name, `from-user-input-p'.  This will eliminate the
    > confusion completely.

    Even such a new name isn't very clear.  The only clear solution is to
    use an additional argument passed from the interactive spec.

In what sense is that the only clear solution?  I do not follow you here.