Re: more reliable `make'

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: more reliable `make'
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 02:28:16 -0400

Stefan Monnier wrote:

>> I'll wait to hear the details of Stefans's implementation, but I
>> imagine it was preferring the .el files only if newer.
>
> And only during byte-compilation, yes.

So if I understand correctly, while not as correct/fast as generating
all the dependency info, it's a lot simpler to implement, and should
render issues like this a thing of the past?

(The ability to prefer uncompiled files has been requested a number of
times, so it also seems like an option worth having in general.)