Re: Drawing in images?

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: Drawing in images?
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 15:13:18 -0400

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:

> Here's an attempt. Its hardly industrial strength, but seems to work.
> Test with m-x  dragbox-start, enter an image file name compatible with
> svg, I tried png. Then set the corner coords for the box with LMB and RMB.

Joakim thanks for taking a shot at this.  This is very exciting.
Unfortunately I can't evaluate. After invoking the `dragbox-start'
comman with both .png and .jpg image-file types the  *dragbox* buffer
returns some svg data and a message:

=> "Invalid image type `svg'"

Not sure if the local w32 builds are compiled with libsvg support out
of the box.
I've not been able to get svg functionality to evaluate on the
following w32 systems.

- 23.1.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2009-06-30 on LENNART-69DE564 (patched);
- 23.0.91.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2009-02-26 on SOFT-MJASON;
- 23.1.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2009-07-30 on SOFT-MJASON;

Can these functions be evaluated successfully on a non CVS emacs?
Likewise, if so, can these functions be evaluated on a non CVS emacs on w32?

Also, as a side note in lieu of a future dragbox package; in a fresh
environment when evaluating these functions on the two 23.*
SOFT-MJASON  builds referd above the key bindings on
image-mode-mode-map of `dragbox-lmb-click-handler' and
`dragbox-rmb-click-handler' didn't take until after a (require
'image-mode). Additionally, I needed a (require 'xml) to get the
invocation of `xml-print' in `dragbox-update-box' to evaluate.

Just to make sure I also tried evaluating CYD's svg example here:
(URL `http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg01166.html')
I know this works on a GNU box but on the w32 systems get:
=> "Invalid image type `svg'"

Any advice as to what needs to be done to get supprot for `svg' on w32?

I look forward to testing the dragbox functions on a GNU box later this evening.

s_P