Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch

From: Giuseppe Scrivano
Subject: Re: advice needed for multi-threading patch
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 20:53:54 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>>   (run-in-thread '(gnus) t) ;; with t the thread doesn't attempt to get
>>                             ;; a lock on the buffer.
>>   (while (yield)) ;; yield returns nil when there are not other
>>                   ;; threads -- simulate join.
>
> That's wonderful.  Does that mean that Gnus really runs in its own
> thread while you can do normal editing in other buffers?

Yes, it does (except some errors).  I am concentrating all my efforts on
gnus, I think that if threads work well for gnus they will work quite
well with any other package.
At the moment it takes a lot to load folder, because there are not
enough yield on the other thread and probably gnus switch buffers too
often (causing a yield).  Still there is much to do but some results
are already visible.

Cheers,
Giuseppe