Switch the Windows port to using Unicode keyboard input

From: Eugen Anghel
Subject: Switch the Windows port to using Unicode keyboard input
Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:39:51 +0300

Hi,

I couldn't type the 'ș' and 'ț' (u+0219 & u+021B) characters from a
Romanian keyboard layout, so I've tried to implement this item from
the TODO file:
** Switch the Windows port to using Unicode keyboard input (maybe).

I have attached a patch with the changes so far. It seems to be
working. Are there any tests I can perform, or some known corner-cases
I need to check?

Any help or advice is appreciated. Thanks.