Re: ignoring autoloads in preloaded files on Windows

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: ignoring autoloads in preloaded files on Windows
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2009 05:35:47 +0200

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 04:36, Glenn Morris <address@hidden> wrote:

> Oh, whoops. Revised patch for lisp/makefile.w32-in follows.

OK, I'll retest again tomorrow.

> I'm doing it this way because:
>
> i) I have no idea how to quote a setting of autoload-make-program
> inside the --eval expression on Windows.

That should be DQUOTE, as in

          --eval $(ARGQUOTE)(setq generate-autoload-cookie
$(DQUOTE);;;###mh-autoload$(DQUOTE))$(ARGQUOTE)

IIUC what you're asking.

> ii) Since $(MAKE) could be a full path to make, I can only presume it
> could be subject to the same munging issue as described for
> generated-autoload-file in the doc of w32-batch-update.

That comment is Eli's, so I suppose he can shed some light about what
kind of munging can be expected.

> PS I can't help thinking that it looks like it would be simpler to
> just parse the generated lib-src Makefile on Windows in a similar way
> to that in which the Unix is currently parsed.

AFAICS, it just goes through the lisp= macro. How does it deal with
(MOUSE|TOOLTIP|MSDOS|WINNT|WINDOW|NS)_SUPPORT?

    Juanma