Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 23:00:46 -0400

Daniel Clemente <address@hidden> writes:
> This is an old thread.

Indeed.  I decided to go do the responsible thing for a while and look
after some bookmark.el bugs before pressing on Bzr again... but now I've
done that (at least enough to salve my conscience), so:

We seem to have broken down in the "test the converted repository" step
-- we found problems, but we never identified why, and we were working
with an old conversion anyway.  As Yidong and Glenn Morris noted, at
least one of the test conversions was missing some files:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-09/msg00531.html

That problem might not be present in a new conversion.  The most recent
Bazaar switchover post seems to this one be from me:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-09/msg00624.html

...in which I ask Stefan about his method for running a commit email (or
"merge email") script, and suggest using "trunk" for the master branch.
Stefan?

Andreas Schwab and Jason Earl have made the CVS->git->bzr conversions
happen.  Andreas and Jason, can we wipe the slate clean?  Meaning, let's
remove all previous conversions, so that no one's testing old stuff, and
make a canonical new one using Bazaar 2.0.  (We should all test the same
thing, and that thing should be a recent thing.  Savannah can handle the
default format used by Bazaar 2.0, so branch browsing will be fine.)

Assuming that conversion looks okay, would it be realistic for us to
then freeze CVS commits while doing the real conversion, so we get a
clean snapshot?  I.e., how long does a conversion take?

-Karl