Re: Add cedet/ede/shell.el to ELCFILES

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Add cedet/ede/shell.el to ELCFILES
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 2009 20:18:53 -0400

Chong Yidong wrote:

> Oh, interesting; I always assumed everyone else was seeing these
> messages, since I've been seeing them since forever.  The elc files are
> *not* present on my system.  The messages pop up during `make' in the
> top (emacs/) directory.  I'll try to investigate further.

Just in case there's confusion, I don't have the .elc files either for
these files. This is correct, because they are marked as no-byte-compile.

The warning message comes from compile-last in lisp/Makefile.in.
But for me, for example:

grep 'no-byte-compile: t' lisp/international/uni-bidi.el > /dev/null

returns 0, so compile-last does not warn me about such files. I can
only guess that for you it returns false for some reason.