Re: leim-list.el and registering input methods

From: Dan Nicolaescu
Subject: Re: leim-list.el and registering input methods
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 22:30:28 -0800 (PST)

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

  > > Is there a reason that input methods are not registered in the dumped
image?

  > Probably a remnant from the days where leim was distributed separately
  > from Emacs.  It would be good to move it to dump time.  But please be
  > careful to still make it possible to have additional input-methods
  > recognized at startup (not sure how it's supposed to work currently, so
  > maybe there's nothing special to do for that).

Here's one way to do this: check in the current emacs/leim/leim-list.el
to emacs/lisp/builtin-leim-list.el (or a better name?), and change the
emacs/leim/Makefile.in to build a file with a different name.

Whenever emacs/leim/* changes, then emacs/leim/builtin-leim-list.el
needs to be updated (like we do with ldefs-boot.el).

OK to check in something like this?