unfill-paragraph(region) is different in GNU emacs and xemacs (was: unfi

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: unfill-paragraph(region) is different in GNU emacs and xemacs (was: unfill-paragraph (region) and indentation, )
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2009 20:44:10 +0900

Reply-To set to xemacs-beta, as it seems this subthread is offtopic on
emacs-devel.

Uwe Brauer writes:

 > No it does not surprise, it is Xemacs filling function itself with
 > behaves different.

 > Could somebody from the Xemacs dev team comment on this?

Yeah, they're different.  I doubt anybody has given the core fill
function love in a couple decades, everybody uses filladapt as far as
I know.  It's one of those things where we kept the core function for
compatibility with Emacs despite a far superior third-party
implementation (it was at the time, anyway; I've used nothing else for
over two decades).

On your sample text, with filladapt it does what I would expect: it
treats the first and last lines (which have different prefixes from
the rest of the lines) as separate paragraphs, and fills the middle
lines to a single line with the same indentation.