[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Fri, 06 Nov 2009 10:18:32 -0500
Gnus/5.13 (Gnus v5.13) Emacs/23.1.50 (gnu/linux)
> I had an idea for a long time how to do such an integration, but
> not implemented it yet because I currently don't see how to do this
> without loading the whole ffap.el by default. Perhaps we should
> rewrite most of the ffap functionality and simplify it.
By "integration" I mostly mean the functionality, not necessarily
the code. But if it means preloading ffap.el, that's not necessarily
a bad thing, although I think that by integrating it, we can make it
a lot simpler, so I expect that a complete rewrite will be preferable
(especially since we probably wouldn't provide every single last detail
of ffap's functionality).
> The idea is to put a file/URL from the text around the point into
> the minibuffer's default values list. So typing `C-x C-f M-n'
> on a file name will bring in it from the current buffer into the
I thought about it but M-n is already used in some file prompts for
other purposes, so the user would then have to hit M-n more than once to
get the file-at-point, which makes it cumbersome. I think a dedicated
keybinding would be better.
BTW, another possibility is to do what complete.el does: use a special
file name (complete.el uses "<>" but we could choose something else,
like " ") to mean file-at-point. I think it's a worse solution (both
because it may collide with a real file name, and more importantly
because it makes it impossible/difficult to edit the file-at-point), but
I throw it out, for completeness's sake.
- find-file-literally-at-point, Edward O'Connor, 2009/11/05
- Re: find-file-literally-at-point, Juri Linkov, 2009/11/05
- Re: FFAP,
Stefan Monnier <=
- Re: FFAP, Juri Linkov, 2009/11/06
- Re: FFAP, Stefan Monnier, 2009/11/06
- Re: FFAP, Juri Linkov, 2009/11/08
- Re: FFAP, Stefan Monnier, 2009/11/09
- read-file-name (was: FFAP), Juri Linkov, 2009/11/09
- Re: read-file-name, Stefan Monnier, 2009/11/09
- Re: read-file-name, Juri Linkov, 2009/11/09
- Re: read-file-name, Stefan Monnier, 2009/11/10
- dired-read-dir-and-switches (was: FFAP), Juri Linkov, 2009/11/09
- find-file-read-args (was: FFAP), Juri Linkov, 2009/11/09