Re: FFAP

From: MON KEY
Subject: Re: FFAP
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 13:14:15 -0500

On Sun, Nov 8, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Juri Linkov <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Currently (thing-at-point 'url) will not reliably return the URL at point in
>> good deal of corner cases; URL's containing `,' being a good case in point.
>
> Like URL part of `ffap-string-at-point-mode-alist', it counterpart
> `thing-at-point-url-path-regexp' contains `,' as well.  Indeed,
> calling (thing-at-point 'url) on an URL with `,' like
> "http://www.google.com/search?q=foo,bar"; returns the complete URL.
> Perhaps there are other differences, but the comma case seems to be
> the same in both.

Yes. You are correct. I am mistaking `thing-at-point' w/
`url-get-url-at-point' and var `url-get-url-filename-chars'
which do fail. Sorry for the noise.

,---- :FILE /url/url-util.el
| (eval-and-compile
|   (defvar url-get-url-filename-chars "address@hidden()_/:~=&"
|     "Valid characters in a URL."))
`----

(require 'url-util)
Then evaluate `url-get-url-at-point' for following:

http://www.google.com/search?q=foo,bar
http://www.vintagefashionguild.org/component/option,com_alphacontent/section,6/cat,59/task,view/id,496/Itemid,100/
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=2400:1001:3681485306497103::NO::F2400_P1001_BACK_PAGE,F2400_P1001_PUB_MAIL_ID:1010,77177

:SEE-ALSO Sam Steingold's function `get-quotes-pf' with commented
gripes pertaining `,' in URL's:
(URL
`http://clocc.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/clocc/clocc/src/cllib/gq.lisp')

>Juri Linkov