Re: New bug tracker server

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Re: New bug tracker server
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:50:36 -0500

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> When I browse http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?which=pkg&data=emacs
> I notice that all bugs with number smaller than #1570 (or thereabout)
> give me errors when I try to view them, e.g.:
>
> trying to access http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=850:
>
> An error occurred. Error was: Bad bug log for bug 850. Unable to read
> records: bad line 'From address@hidden Mon Sep 1 03:15:46
> 2008' in state incoming-recv at /usr/share/perl5/Debbugs/Log.pm line
> 256, line 143.
>
> Has the format changed over time and the new code has trouble with the
> old format?

That's my suspicion.

It's possible to go back in update the database manually, removing a few
lines per bug entry, to prevent the scripts from barfing; or to change
the scripts to avoid signalling that error.  So this isn't a big
problem.

I'm using the version of debbugs from Don Armstrong's bzr repository,
because older versions of debbugs won't even read the emacsbugs
database.  I'm not sure why the emacsbugs.donarmstrong.com server can
display the old-format bugs, though.