Re: Backward completions

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Backward completions
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:32:03 +0200

> IMHO <backtab> would be nice to have here.
>
> Maybe when looking at this problem people want to look that the approach
> in search-completions.el (that I've been using for a while):

I see search-completions.el uses C-v and M-v to scroll completions
from the minibuffer.

> use C-s to move to the *Completions* buffer and do an incremental
> search there.  Not perfect, but it might be a useful source
> of inspiration.

But then you can't use C-s to search in the minibuffer history.

This is the same problem as in bug#3746 where we need the same key C-s
to search in the comint history and in the comint output buffer.

PS: You can see the implementation of isearch in comint mode
I just sent to bug#3746.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/