Re: CamelHump word movement in Emacs

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: CamelHump word movement in Emacs
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:37:11 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Stefan!

>>> Also, I'd prefer to rename the functions so that they all share
>>> a `subword-' prefix.
>> In general I agree, but in this case I think fitting to naming of the
>> word movement functions is more desirable.
>
> No, this is a separate package not part of the core, so it has to
> follow the coding convention of using a distinguished prefix.

Ok, chief, I'll rename them all! ;-)

What naming do you have in mind?  Simply turning around?

  subword-backward-kill
  subword-backward
  subword-capitalize
  subword-downcase
  subword-forward
  subword-kill
  subword-mark
  subwords-transpose
  subword-upcase

Or keep the names and only add a prefix?

  subword-backward-kill-subword
  subword-backward-subword
  subword-capitalize-subword
  subword-downcase-subword