Re: built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: built-in variable `font-use-system-font' not bound
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2009 17:33:44 +0800

Stefan Monnier wrote:
Regardless of how things currently are (we currently have a big mess in
this respect), we should follow the following convention:
- if it's a feature specific to X11, W32, NS, ... then use a name that
  starts with "x-", "w32-", "ns-", ...
- if it's a feature that makes sense everywhere, then don't use such
  a prefix (even if it's only implemented for some of the backends).

If we follow that convention, I think we need another prefix for functions/variables that are common across window systems that can be used in the test to avoid warnings/errors in cus-start.el for tty only builds. Currently we usually use x- for these, since historically most such features started on X and were ported to other window systems later.