Re: bzr repository ready?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: bzr repository ready?
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:52:14 +0200

> From: Óscar_Fuentes <address@hidden>
> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 17:30:59 +0100
> Cc: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>

> > I find it rather complex, so I will use one of these two simpler
> > suggestions.  I think we should inform people about these options.
>
> Much of the confusion comes from the abundance of workflows bzr
> allows.

Note that Richard didn't say it was confusing.  He said it was
complex.

> I'm starting to think that pointing out the existence of
> alternative workflows only added confusion to the discussion

Personally, I don't think having several workflows adds to confusion.
If they are clearly explained, and if the pros and cons of each one
are described, I can easily make up my mind, and I don't think I'm
special in this regard.

> Maybe the right approach was to describe a "blessed"
> workflow on the wiki and behave as if the other approaches didn't
> exist.

I personally would regret that.  I think I'm grown-up enough to not
have me spoon-fed.  Give me the information and let me decide myself
what's best for me, even if I make some mistakes on the way.

> If there is real interest on using one of those introductory workflows
> I'll write the documentation

FWIW, I'd welcome more information.  Thanks.

> BTW, I pretend to explain the "bound branch" approach, always
> emphasizing that is a middle point between CVS and Bazaar and that the
> user should eventually transition to a fully dVCS practice

What is ``full dVCS practice''?  Can you describe it (or was it
already described in this thread)?