Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Basic Bazaar guide for Emacs hackers.
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 10:52:24 -0500

    bzr checkout URL

    with

    bzr branch URL
    bzr bind

    will force me to explain what a Bazaar branch is and why it can be bound
    or unbound,

Not necessarily.  You can explain what the sequence of commands does,
and refer people elsewhere if they want to learn about those
individual commands.  You can explain what a "bound branch" does
and refer people elsewhere to learn about other kinds of branches.

    too, as any Bazaar user will recognize its meaning for a long time, and
    even the term is profusely used on the documentation of the upcoming 2.1
    version.

In that case, maybe it is fine to call this a "checkout".
I'm just going on what someone else said here.