Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: support for bzr shelve/unshelve in vc-dir
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2009 16:12:07 +0900

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> writes:
> Does this mean that bazaar is no longer preferred, as the reason for
> that was that it was a GNU project?  Can we now go for git instead? :-).

It's still technically a GNU project AFAIK... though I'm surprised to
hear canonical requires copyright assignment to themselves -- I sort of
thought official GNU projects were all copyright FSF?

[This sort of talk does tend to reinforce doubts I've always had about
canonical's motivations for making it a GNU project, but I'm not sure
what the practical effects of such practices are, other than being kind
of annoying.]

-Miles

--
People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at
least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like.  Otherwise the