Re: Efficient debugging of the redisplay.

From: Alin Soare
Subject: Re: Efficient debugging of the redisplay.
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 2009 14:10:51 -0500

> However, this tells me nothing about an efficient debugging of
> redisplay_internal, and about display in general.
>
> Could you suggest me something efficient, please?

I usually just use standard GDB breakpoints.  Maybe you could be a bit
more specific about what you want to do.

Thanks.

For example, suppose that I had 2 frames X and Y.

Suppose that Vframe_list = ( X Y Z T ) and selected_frame = X.

What would you do for emacs to display

 (caddr (member (selected-frame)
                         (frame-list) ) ) = Z

instead of X?

In general, suppose that you want to display a frame different of selected_frame .

 What should you do? Apart from redisplay_internal, in which functions should modify?

Alin.