Re: Out of tree builds

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: Out of tree builds
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 12:05:20 +0900

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:
> Are some people doing out-of-tree builds here?
> I just tried one and encountered some problems, but they seem to have
> been around for a long time (e.g. the use of ../src/bootstrap-emacs), so
> I wonder: have people used it successfully in the (recent) past?

I always build with a separate object directory (usually daily), and
haven't had any obvious problems.  [I usually build incrementally, but
make bootstrap also seems to work whenever I need to do it for some
reason.]

-Miles

--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.