Trouble building against Emacs23 OSX

From: defn
Subject: Trouble building against Emacs23 OSX
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 15:06:52 -0800 (PST)

I built emacs23 from source on OSX and placed Emacs.app into my /Applications/ directory. Everything works great, except for trying to build things against it. w3m apparently cannot be built against emacs22 and work in emacs23. Since the most current version of emacs in /usr/bin is emacs22, I mv'd it and ln'd /usr/bin/emacs to /Applications/Contents/MacOS/Emacs. Now, when running configure for w3m it sees that I'm using emacs23, but it cannot find simple.el, simple.elc, etc.:
checking for makeinfo... makeinfo
checking for texi2dvi... texi2dvi
checking for ptex... false
checking for jbibtex... false
checking for dvipdfmx... dvipdfmx
checking for texi2pdf... texi2pdf
checking for egrep... egrep
checking for emacs... /usr/bin/emacs
checking what a flavor does /usr/bin/emacs have... Emacs 23.1.50
checking prefix for /usr/bin/emacs... /usr
checking where lisp files should go... $(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp/w3m/
checking where icon files should go... /Users/defn/src/emacs23/etc/images/w3m
Warning: arch-dependent data dir (/Users/defn/src/emacs23/nextstep/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec/emacs/23.1.50/x86_64-apple-darwin10.2.0/) does not exist.
Warning: Could not find simple.el nor simple.elc
Cannot open load file: cl
configure: error: Process couldn't proceed.  See the above messages.
Can anyone offer up any help on this? I cannot find a libexec/emacs/23.1.50 anywhere on my system. Thanks in advance, Devin

Sent from the Emacs - Dev mailing list archive at Nabble.com.