Re: Timezone handling problem in icalendar.el/icalendar-import-*

From: Ulf Jasper
Subject: Re: Timezone handling problem in icalendar.el/icalendar-import-*
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 21:57:57 +0100

"Christian" <address@hidden> writes:

> I have attached an example below. I have crossed out names and email
> addresses but otherwise this is how it appears from Exchange.
>
> The appointment in question would appear in Outlook as occuring between
> 13:00 and 14:30 (GMT+01:00) on December the 9.

I checked the specs: Your idea to replace "-1" with "5" appears to be
absolutely correct.

RFC2445 (ical):

   Each BYDAY value can also be preceded by a positive (+n) or negative
   (-n) integer. If present, this indicates the nth occurrence of the
   specific day within the MONTHLY or YEARLY RRULE. For example, within
   a MONTHLY rule, +1MO (or simply 1MO) represents the first Monday
   within the month, whereas -1MO represents the last Monday of the
   month. If an integer modifier is not present, it means all days of
   this type within the specified frequency. For example, within a
   MONTHLY rule, MO represents all Mondays within the month.

man tzset:

   Mm.w.d This specifies day d (0 <= d <= 6) of week w (1 <= w <= 5) of
   month m (1 <= m <= 12).  Week 1 is the first week in which day d
   occurs and week 5 is the last week in which day d occurs.  Day 0 is a
   Sunday.

I'll fix it in CVS (and add some unit tests).

Thanks for investigating!
Ulf

--
Herzlichen Glückwunsch noch einmal, vergessen Sie Ihre Angaben,und dies
für die Art und Weise von der öffentlichen Bekanntmachung.