Re: cvs

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: cvs
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 15:14:19 -0500

Sean Sieger <address@hidden> writes:
> Will there be an entry in NEWS, or an explicit post to devel about CVS
> going read only?
>
> My question is prompted by a recent checkout (`.../emacs co emacs')
> which yielded the version 23.1.90 that until then had been 23.1.50.

I see Eli has already answered the second part of your question.  The
answer to the first part is, I think: "No, there won't be any warning,
though we'll post about it as soon as we know it's happened."
Basically, we're waiting for some savannah admin to do

  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/index.php?107170
  "Please make Emacs CVS read-only; we are switching to Bazaar now."

I'm not sure how to get more attention on that ticket -- it's been open
for ten days.  If anyone here has any ideas, please share!

-Karl