Re: incorrect working revision for the mercurial VC backend

From: Alex Harsanyi
Subject: Re: incorrect working revision for the mercurial VC backend
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 14:15:05 +0800

On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:42 AM, Nick Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:
> [please cc the mailing list]
>
>  > I haven't switched yet to bzr, so I cannot pull the change, however
>  > the patch corresponds to my local fix, except that the last line
>  > reads:
>
> But you could apply the patch to your working copy.

I could not apply it. If I copy-paste it out of the email, patch rejects it:

$ patch -p1 < vc-hg.patch
patching file vc-hg.el
Hunk #1 FAILED at 209.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file vc-hg.el.rej

When I try to apply it from Emacs, it asks me first if I want to fix
word-wrap damage, but after I say yes, it fails anyway... Sorry but
I'm not sure what is wrong.

>  > (if (eq 0 status) out  "0")
>  >
>  > This corresponds to the previous behavior of returning a string as the
>  > revision and returning "0" if there is a problem with running the hg
>  > command.
>
> Does that really correspond to the previous behavior?

>    (when (eq 0 status)
>      (if (string-match "changeset: *\\([0-9]*\\)" out)
>          (match-string 1 out)
>        "0"))))

You are right.

> Also, iget a quoted string, e.g. "\"290\"", which is why I used read.

This is because you use "\"{rev}\"" as the template instead of
"{rev}".    I used "{rev}" and I get just the revision e.g. 290.

Cheers,
Alex.