Re: Potential copyright problem in EIEIO improvement

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Potential copyright problem in EIEIO improvement
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 21:55:16 -0500

    Thank you for your opinion on this. Regarding the "if" part, there are
    two parts: the canonical Dylan linearization, upon which the paper
    (mentioned in my original message) is improving and the actual
    improvement. The code above corresponds to the improvement. My patch
    also has parts derived from the unchanged parts of the canonical
    implementation.

You have lost me; I can't follow the scenario.

What I can say is that, in general, we do not want to incorporate
code into Emacs without a copyright assignment.