Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 21:56:09 +0200

> From: Karl Fogel <address@hidden>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden>,  address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Fri, 01 Jan 2010 14:18:00 -0500
>
> If you tweak a commit message on the savannah branch, bzr has no
> mechanism for conveying that tweak to the other branches

Well, that's just it: bzr _should_ have such a mechanism.  I really
don't care if modifying a commit message would count as a new revision
of the tree, all I care is that "bzr log" and friends show the
modified commit message by default (if there would be a way to see the
original one before the fix, that's okay too).

> because the commit message
> is considered part of the change, just like the diff.  Tweak the commit
> message and you've tweaked the change -- it's no longer the same change.

There's no requirement to pretend the tree is the same after modifying
the commit message.  The requirement is that "bzr log" shows it with
the commit, that's all.