Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?

From: Karl Fogel
Subject: Re: Workflow to accumulate individual changes?
Date: Sat, 02 Jan 2010 14:22:35 -0500

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>Nonetheless, IME, it's _extremely_ rare for it to represent a serious
>issue, and nowhere near enough of a problem to be worth the cost of such
>a mechanism.

I don't know how rare it is, but I saw it be important once.  See

http://www.red-bean.com/kfogel/beautiful-teams/bt-chapter-21.html#contribulyzer

Search for the phrase

  "after writing the Contribulyzer code to process log messages
  formatted according to the new standard, we could go back and fix up
  all of the project's existing logs to conform to that standard"

to jump straight to the paragraph about how editing log messages after
the fact made a big difference.

-Karl