Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Bzr document unclear. There is no "conflict markers".
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 20:27:34 +0200

> From: Richard Stallman <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 11:23:57 -0500
>
>     For the first edit ever in that branch, you are right.  But once you
>     begin working there, the histories of the branch and the trunk
>     diverge, so a merge is necessary.
>
> But after you commit your changes from the branch to the trunk,
> isn't everything in sync until you start to edit again?

Maybe in theory.  Do you always commit _all_ your changes? don't you
sometimes leave some of them out because you are still working on them
or testing them?  And what about all those ChangeLog entries you made
while working in the branch -- won't you rewrite them at least to some
extent for committing to the trunk?

Besides, personally I'm not even sure ``everything is in sync'' even
if you commit everything.  I think that the DAG representing the
branch will still be different from the one representing the trunk,
due to local commits.  Somebody who knows more about bzr internals,
please confirm or refute this.