Re: compilation-ask-about-kill

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: compilation-ask-about-kill
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 09:28:31 +1100

Alexander Klimov <address@hidden> writes:

> It would be nice to allow recompilation with a single key stroke even
> if the previous compilation hangs.

As a bit of shameless self-promotion, I made my
compilation-always-kill.el for that and found it pretty good.

  http://user42.tuxfamily.org/compilation-always-kill/index.html

If I want to protect a compile from killing that way then I rename the
buffer in the usual way.

I've found it best to kill only an M-x compile though, and leave
M-x grep and other compile-derived things to ask yes-or-no.  A grep is
normally far shorter than a compile so a question for it doesn't come up
often.