Re: A little suggestion

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: A little suggestion
Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 11:24:11 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > So we could display the global revid as something palatable, if not
 > exactly short.
 >
 > <shrug> Not that I understand why this would be useful...

You can ask bzr to search for it, and if it's not in the Emacs
repository, you know the user has local changes, and you can even ask
for an exact diff.  (You would also need to check bzr status for
uncommitted changes.)

Seems to me that this is about as useful as the rest of the
information generated by M-x report-emacs-bug.