Re: bzr workflow

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: bzr workflow
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 01:01:27 +0100

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 10:39, Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

> This can't be done in the trunk branch
> (as per the Wiki) as we don't even compile there.

FWIW, there's no intrinsic problem in building trunk; that it is not
recommended in the introductory document just means that it is added
complexity not deemed necessary for beginners, but of course you can
do it if you know what you're doing...

That said, as Eli has commented, bootstrapping is generally not *that*
painful, and you can use the checkout/switch method that Óscar
explained a while ago to have (sort of) colocated branches and avoid
most bootstrappings.

    Juanma