Re: Better subjects, bodies for commit diff emails?

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Better subjects, bodies for commit diff emails?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:09:01 -0500

Karl Fogel wrote:

> Do we even send commit emails for other branches?

Not usually, but sometimes. Eg for a branch like EMACS_23_1_RC:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-06/msg00389.html

Here you can set the subject format that CVS used:

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-diffs/2009-07/index.html

Trunk was implicit, [EMACS_23_1_RC] was placed at the end when
appropriate.

For the purposes of Gnus scoring, I found it more useful when the
subject line contained the changed files. But this doesn't scale to
multi-file commits anyway.