Re: problem with font lock

From: alin.s
Subject: Re: problem with font lock
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 08:24:02 -0800 (PST)

begin by understanding which module tries to paint the region you expect.

There are many different  : overlays, font-lock based on classes of syntax,
font-lock based on regular expressions, etc.

You must have patience and discover which of these modules paints every
character/word from the buffer where you are interested.

Look into the elisp manual.

When you comment a line you should expect that the author of the minor/major
modes actives defined the fontification using the font lock for the
"comment" syntax class; its color is defined in font-lock-comment-face'. But
it is not sure that the commented line was fontified so.