Re: merge conlict?

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: merge conlict?
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 19:24:11 +0100

Andreas Schwab <address@hidden> writes:

> Óscar Fuentes <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I do "bisect" maybe twice per year. I commit hundreds of times. Guess
>> what's more convenient for me.
>
> What is more convenient for the community?

For Emacs, I'm pretty sure that it is more convenient to have looser
requirements for committing into private branches than to be able to
bisect into merged history.

Please note that it is not a question of bisect or not bisect. It is
always possible to bisect following the leftmost part of the history (as
long as people do not get accustomed to push their changes onto trunk
and break that) and it is possible to re-create the original branch and
bisect it.