Re: redisplay system of emacs

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: redisplay system of emacs
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 16:06:02 -0500

    > The concept of fairness plays no role in the study of ecosystems.  We
    > don't ask whether it is fair for an owl to eat a mouse, or for a mouse
    > to eat a plant.  We just note that these interactions are part of the
    > system.

    But we are not owls or mice.  Humans in between have become able
    to ask whether it is fair towards other humans or future generations
    or even nature, if we burn oil for energy, as an example.

Exactly.  This aspect of things is what the term "ecosystem" does not
recognize, and that's why it is better not to use that term here.