RE: Bind `q' to `quit-window' or similar in *Messages*

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Bind `q' to `quit-window' or similar in *Messages*
Date: Wed, 3 Feb 2010 09:03:08 -0800

I said:

> Absolutely I want that. I want to be able to write in
> *Messages*. Yes, I can toggle read-only, but if `q' quits,
> then that defeats the purpose.

I take back that last part. Toggling read-only makes `q' self-insert again. I do
that in *Help*, for instance.

So this comes down to a choice, I think:

1. View-mode by default, so `q' quits, and you need to do `C-x C-q' to make it
writable.

2. Writable by default, and you need to do `C-x 0' (or `C-x k') to get rid of
it.

And the same or similar considerations probably apply to *Pp Eval Output*.

I still vote for #2, but I don't feel strongly about it.